Morrisville Winterfest Parade
Saturday, December 7 ~ 11 am – Noon
We just got the information about the Town of Morrisville’s Winterfest Parade in which WIM is participating this year. All WIM students are invited to march with us as well as to invite their friends and families to cheer us on at this free event. We had a blast last year and anticipate that it will be just as much fun in 2013.
If you do participate, please plan on wearing your most festive outfit complete with any holiday adornments that you like. (Just remember that this is a family- friendly event ;D) We are encouraging holiday colors (red, green, blue, white, silver, gold) if at all possible. Dress warmly and in layers as it can get chilly out there!
We’ll be marching to live drumming by members of the Lost Nomads, and doing some dance moves as we go- just simple ones, but a lot of fun!
Here are the details. Feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions.
- Check in is between 10 -10:30 am. WIM will have a representative checking in for us
- If you want to march, you must be at our line-up spot no later than 10:45 am. We won’t be told our exact line up spot until that morning but there will be representatives there who can direct you where to go once you arrive
- Carpooling is greatly encouraged. There is parking near the start of the parade but it is limited so you can get there early if you want to be sure to get a spot
- Please check the weather hotline and website to ensure the parade will run in the event of inclement weather.The weather hotline is: 919-463-6215 or https://nc-morrisville.civicplus.com/index.aspx?nid=677. WIM will also make an announcement on Facebook re: whether we will march or not
- If the parade is canceled, all WIM students are invited to wear your parade outfit and come to the studio at 11 am for a dance party instead!
- Here is the link to specific parade information provided by the Town of Morrisville: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-4J0VDynyUsTVZxeXVBZ19Ib1JKdmFtQ0Exa2FVWE5NSjY4/edit?usp=sharing. It includes a map of the parade route as well as parking info
- There will be a craft fair and food trucks following the parade at Cedar Fork Community Center after the parade. FREE admission, Noon to 3pm, local arts and crafts for sale, and pictures with Santa will all be part of this event
- Please put out all good mojo that the weather will cooperate!
We hope that you can join us on Saturday!