Do you love taking classes at World In Motion? Then you will love working for us even more! WIM offers a generous work for classes program that allows you to take classes for FREE in exchange for helping us out around the studio. Plus you get to be part of the WIM team, helping us make the studio fabulous and fun! Applications are available online HERE. We select our Work/Study participants after reviewing applications and conducting an interview either online or in person, and we would love to talk to you about this exciting opportunity!
Some important things to note:
- Preference is given to current WIM students, but we will consider new students also
- You can set a regular schedule based on your availability, but we most often need help at the studio during evening and/or weekend hours so please expect to include those hours in your schedule
- Work/study students often work independently on assigned tasks, but WIM staff are always available to provide direction on given assignments
- Someone who is happy and comfortable dealing with other students/the public and who loves being part of our administrative team is an ideal candidate!
What you can expect:
- You will work 4 hours per week/one 6 week session in exchange for one series of classes completely FREE (maximum value = $78)
- WIM staff will treat you as a fellow professional – just as we expect professionalism from you as well
- Timeliness will be mandatory for all assignments and in attendance
- Be friendly and accessible! Excellent customer service to all students and staff in all forms of communication (email, phone, and in person) is a must
- Use of studio phone and/or computer for personal matters is prohibited
- All client/studio information must be kept strictly confidential
- Unless due to an emergency or personal illness, 48 hours notice is required for all absences
Currently, we are seeking students with social media skills and marketing experience including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Social media/Twitter/Instagram. Duties include tweeting, Instagram posts and outreach.
- Social media/Facebook. Duties include posting interesting news or YouTube videos on WIM’s Facebook page and outreach.
- Link building. Reaching out to other dance sites to request a link swap with WIM.
- Research. Scouting out new dance blogs and other related sites on the web. Other duties as assigned.
- Interview assistance. Duties include contacting interview subjects on the behalf of WIM, sending questions via e-mail and formatting interviews for the blog.
- Press list. Compilation of e-mail press list from various media sources.
- Video research. Investigation of new and interesting videos from YouTube and other sources. Investigation of DVDs and other video material.
- Book research. Investigate dance-related publishers, authors, books and periodicals.
- Music research. Investigate dance CDs, digital downloads and other dance-related materials.
- Reviews. Reviews can be for any dance-related product assigned.
- Posts. Interns may suggest post topics to write or be assigned topics by the editor.
- Advertising/Promotional Opportunities research: Investigate where those interested in dance/fitness get information on local classes and events, and inquire about pricing for advertising.
- Performance opportunities research: Investigate where WIM performers can dance at festivals, health fairs, etc. as well as the option for WIM to have an informational table at such events.
Other tasks including the following will be assigned on an as-needed basis:
- Welcome visitors, register students and process payments and waiver forms for new students
- Help with marketing and promotion
- Answer phones and provide studio information in detail, take/deliver phone messages, return calls as needed
- Assist with merchandise sales
- Perform administrative activities including (but not limited to) data entry and filing
- When needed, maintain a clean and professional reception area and assist with cleaning the studio, back room, changing area, and rest room
- Empty trash/recycling bin and wash cups as needed
- Assist with classes as needed
- Assist with special events as needed
- Obtain an application by clicking here.
- Return your completed application by dropping it off or mailing it to:
World In Motion
10269-500 Chapel Hill Road
Morrisville, NC 27560
- Arrange an interview with Work Study coordinator
- Applicants will be informed of the status of their application within 2 weeks of the interview
- Application deadline is 3 weeks prior to the session in which applicant would start working
Please email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.